Friday, February 19, 2010

Spin Wheel Block Tutorial



If you are interested in making these blocks. I hope this tutorial will be useful.


You will need: 1-(3 1/2 x 4 inch) rectangle... 3-( 2 inch strips) 18 inches long,...6-(2 x 6 inch) rectangles.



1. Fold 3 1/2 x 4 rectangle in half lengthwise. Trim at a 60 degree angle from folded edge to raw edge on both sides.
2. Open rectangle and press.....It is now your hexagon for the center of your block.


3. Sew the 3-(2 inch wide strips) together........they need to be atleast 18 inches long.

Note: The bottom fabric is the background.....The middle fabric will be the star points.
The top fabric will be inner diamond.

4. Trim strip set at a 60 degree angle.


5. Cut 6-(2 inch segments) at a 60 degree angle.


6. Sew a...2 x 6 rectangle to each segment. For a total of 6 units.



7. Trim the right side of unit at 60 degree's, 1/4 inch outside point of center diamond.


8. Turn the block to trim the left side even with the diamond.




9. You now have 6 of these units.



10. Putting it all together



I made a few more of these Spin Wheel blocks. They really do go together fast!! I hope you enjoyed my first attempt at a tutorial.....LOL ;)~ It's Friday! Have a great weekend!
Happy Stitching
Shar

8 comments:

Barb said...

Great tutorial...thanks!!

Janet said...

Easy to follow step by step. Thanks.

Cindy said...

Thank you so much for a such a good tutorial.

prashant said...

great post
data entry india

Miriam said...

Thank you for visiting my blog.
I haven't seen this block before. Thank you for the great tutorial, I will definitely making some of these!

Ann Marie said...

Great tutorial, I am off to make a few right now. If they are that addicting, I see a whole quilt soon.

Jackie G said...

I started a quilt in 2008 using this block from a pattern publish in Fons and Porter Magazine. I had to stop quilting for awhile to take care of an elderly parent with dementia.
I just pulled this project out of the closet! I searched the internet for instructions on this block when I found your tutorial - it is wonderful! Thank you!

chen wish said...

nfl mlb nba nhl snapbacks
air max 90
air max 2017
free flyknit 5.0
yeezy 350 boost
yeezy 350v2 boost
lunarglide shoes
kobe bryant shoes
jordan james shoes
mercurial soccer boots